An Open House can be a great way to draw in potential buyers when you’re selling a home.
When you’re holding an open house, you’ll want to make sure your home is warm and inviting – without revealing too much about yourself as the seller. Staging your home, or making it look attractive inside by “dressing it up”, can help you next time you’re selling a home. Here are a few tips for beginners who want to stage their home to sell:
• Pack up your personal items. Box up your family photos and other family-specific memorabilia. You may love having your keiki’s trophies in the living room, but they’ll distract potential buyers. You want them to envision their personal belongings in the space – and that can be hard to do with your stuff cluttering up their vision.
• Bathrooms. Use baskets in the bathroom to make it look airy and open. Put a large wicker basket full of white towels next to the shower, and place a basket of luxurious bath products on the edge of the tub.
• Mantels and bookshelves. Draw attention to architectural details like fireplaces and built-in bookshelves by placing interesting knick-knacks, unlit candles or bright books on them. Group them in odd numbers for the biggest visual impact.
• Windows. Put up window treatments that are lush – think silk or other luxurious fabrics. When you’re holding the open house, make sure the curtains are open to let in as much light as possible.
• Kitchen. Make the kitchen look appealing and homey by strategically placing bright, colorful cookbooks and kitchen utensils on the counters. A big bowl of fresh fruit adds visual appeal. Make sure the cabinets are clean. You can use orange oil to shine them up for the big day.
• Bedrooms. Make sure the bedrooms are gender-neutral. Purchasing a simple white duvet cover to place over current bedding can make the room genderless – and make it look more open and airy.
• Fresh flowers. Place a few bunches of fresh flowers in simple, pretty vases around the home to make it look welcoming. Fresh flowers are a signal of understated luxury, and can be an inexpensive way to make your home look inviting.
Next time you’re selling a home, make sure you stage your home for the open house. Making it clean, bright and warm can be your path to profits – and a quick sale.
Original Source: http://www.cthomesllc.com/2011/03/beginners-guide-to-staging-for-an-open-house/#sthash.SznMXRDr.dpuf
Oahu, Hawaii, Foreclosure, Short Sale, Cash Buyer, Hawaii, Buy Homes, Quick Sale, Distressed Seller, Veteran, Local, For Sale By Owner, Home Sale, Quick Close, HI Real Estate, Realtor